Monday, September 8, 2008

2 Sept, Floating Villages at Tonle Sap

My first destination is Tonle Sap, South East Asia's biggest lake according to the boatman,
its the end point of Mekong river and to me.. I think its the gathering of the shit that flowed through a few countries. LOL

This is how they top up gasoline, was the pillion for the bike
.
.
I made my way to the checkpoint for Tonle Sap and purchase a boat tix for 20USD and off I go.

Setting off.

According to boatman, houses like that usually belong to the Viet immigrants, the major population at that area.

A floating school.
.
.
.
I wanted to do something for the poor children and I decided to buy some books and pencils to give out to them.

The pet at the floating shop

For the kids

They have to row their way to school...

This is me distributing the stuff for them
.
.
.
When I entered the school, the kids all gave a big welcome and put on the biggest smile when all I gave them was a book... Really want to do more for them the next time..

With the teacher

A warm goodbye..

This is a farm house, 2 storeys, upper for living, lower for farming

A shrine.
.
.
A pretty interesting thing about Tonle Sap, during the dry season, the lake shrinks so much and uncovers the submerged forest and roads.

Boatman Kheen and Guide Aei

4D anyone, if u can make out the numbers or letter

At the floating fish farm with crocs

Hilarious Creature

Eat Shit Sleep in that little Boat

Flag of Cambodia

The Driver's Seat
I had a chance to drive the boat, and strangely feels like a car..

Love this pic... Waiting for its moment

Shaky Steps

No comments: