Thursday, October 2, 2008

3 Sept, Pre Rup, way to Banteay Srei

Finally I shall continue my Chronicles of Mikey in Cambodia, Land of Many Ancient Kickass Temples...

After Leaving Ta Phrom, I went to Pre Rup, one of the temples that had a splendid towering view.
Pre Rup from the front

Its really risky

Small weathered Steps, ain't as big as it looks

False door

It broke after I kicked it...
.
.
.
.
NOT

View from Top

Comparison

My Lunch place.. Happy Khmer Restaurant

Chicken Noodle Soup with Veggies, USD 2
Tasted... Sweet...
.
.
.
.
After lunch I continued my way to Banteay Srei, a remote temple with the most intricate carvings..

Never ending....
.
.
.
.
.
.
Introducing Mike the Terrorist Parody
My usual get up... I had to wear the shades and mask cause I could not stand the dirt and sand in my eyes and having to grind them in my mouth too.
.
.
.
.
.

3 quarters way through, the bike broke down. Had some problem with the lining. Hence Channra (my driver if you can still remember) had to make a U-turn to fix it and suggested I walk straight ahead to Banteay Srei, I was like hmmm, sounds fun.. So off I went with a compass and map in hand to walk to the temple!

Along the way, nothing exciting, except for a vehicle that was bogged down and blocking the traffic

Yup... Just right ahead

No comments: